Senior Front End Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA (HQ)
We are looking for an experienced and talented front end engineer to help create user-centric, attractive, and effective browser-based products.Apply Now
What we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced and talented front end engineer to help create user-centric, attractive, responsive, and effective browser-based products. You will work closely with other engineers, product managers, and UX professionals in an agile, fast-moving environment where communication and mutual respect is key.
At Inxeption, front end interaction is a critical success factor, so your work here matters! Our UX team consists of UI and UX designers and front end engineers with high standards and a love for the work. We are problem solvers and are always working to make our application better. We are looking for independent thinkers who can look at problem statements and think of ways to solve them.
Inxeption is an eCommerce software platform with services for logistics, finance and payment, marketing, insurance, and other key functions fully integrated. Flexible and infinitely scalable, the platform is designed to help companies successfully sell online, find new customers, fulfill orders, and ship in a secure environment built for the more complex B2B space. Our mission is to help our customers Do Business Better.
We are a young, fast growing company with many exciting opportunities. When you work for Inxeption, you benefit from a vibrant community of motivated and experienced individuals working towards growing and evolving our joint future.
As a senior front end engineer of the UX group, you will have opportunities to:
- Own some of the most critical front end experiences on the Inxeption platform, including the merchant-facing, ecommerce guest experience, and internal reusable components.
- Collaborate with other departments within the organization, help realize product vision, and influence product direction.
- Work with UX/UI designers and other front end engineers to translate an abstract product vision/concept into a concrete product offering following the roadmap.
- Advise senior stakeholders on the technical scope and feasibility of complex product requirements.
- Proactively participate in vision mockups and prototypes, always imagining the possibilities that we can offer to our customers.
- Build UI tools for backend engineers to use in the platform applications to shorten prototyping and actual implementation cycles.
- Diagnose and resolve inefficiencies in the engineering process, and drive new technology adaptations to power future development.
- Mentor junior front end engineers as the organization grows.
- Have 5+ years of professional experience.
- Have experience driving features to completion, keeping timelines in mind.
- Have experience working on large scale web applications that are part of a larger platform.
- Have a track record of delivering reliable, high quality features and products.
- Have experience building developer-facing tools with an emphasis on simplicity, good documentation, reusability, and ease-of-use.
- Have had success in enabling effective partnerships and strong communication with other teams.
- Can demonstrate empathy for customer pain points and understand user-facing feature development.
- Are self-directed and display good judgment in driving features to completion.
- Welcome challenges and changes with a positive attitude.
- Are able to manage stakeholders’ expectations on scope and feasibility.
Nice to have
- Experience building and maintaining a WordPress theme/plugin or equivalent in other CMS platforms.
- Experience with performance enhancements and CDN caching strategies.
- Working experience with API design.
- Salary and title will vary by experience
- Competitive salary
- Equity participation
- Generous vacation policy
- Full benefits package
- Casual office dress
Please send a resume, cover letter, and any other relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org@inxeption.com
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.