Experienced UX Designer
Location: San Francisco, CA (HQ)
We are looking for an experienced and talented UX designer to help create user-centric, attractive, and effective browser-based products.Apply Now
What we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced and talented UX designer to help create user-centric, attractive, and effective browser-based products. Candidates should be comfortable taking a feature or workflow from initial concept phase all the way through release, working closely with a variety of other disciplines including engineers, developers, QA, customer support, product managers, and UI designers in an agile, fast-moving environment where communication and mutual respect is key.
At Inxeption, front end interaction is a critical success factor, so your work here matters! Our UX team consists of UI and UX designers and front end engineers with high standards and a love for the work. We are problem solvers and are always working to make our application better. We are looking for independent thinkers who can look at problem statements and think of ways to solve them.
Inxeption is an eCommerce software platform with services for logistics, finance and payment, marketing, insurance, and other key functions fully integrated. Flexible and infinitely scalable, the platform is designed to help companies successfully sell online, find new customers, fulfill orders, and ship in a secure environment built for the more complex B2B space. Our mission is to help our customers Do Business Better.
We are a young, fast growing company with many exciting opportunities. When you work for Inxeption, you benefit from a vibrant community of motivated and experienced individuals working towards growing and evolving our joint future.
- Shepherd features and workflows from initial concept to final release, defining and driving the vision through various phases of the development process.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to translate product goals into effective screens and workflows using solutions that balance the innovative and the practical.
- Conceptualize original ideas to deliver user-friendly and attractive designs to solve complex problems.
- Bring your own design viewpoint to the table while maintaining overall stylistic goals.
- Produce wireframes, storyboards, static mocks, high-definition prototypes, and design specifications as needed to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Help establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards.
- Conduct user research and understand customer personas to provide the most appropriate solution for a given challenge.
- At least five years of experience as a UX designer, supported by a portfolio of work that highlights your talents and viewpoint as a designer.
- Direct experience working at a software company as a member of agile teams, building, iterating, and launching great software products.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, and other visual artifacts.
- Experience using tools such as Adobe XD, Sketch, Zeplin, Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InVision.
- Excellent visual design skills with an emphasis on user interaction.
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- An open mind with the ability to accept constructive criticism aimed at improving the end result.
Nice to have
- You have a working grasp of and practical experience working in HTML5/CSS/SASS for the creation of high-definition and interactive prototypes.
- You have experience designing applications with complex relationships such as multiple personas, roles, permissions, dependencies, settings which surface different modules in the UI, such as SSO vs normal login.
- You have experience creating story maps.
- You enjoy solving analytical problems and tracing out edge cases.
- You have tracked your work in Jira.
- Salary and title will vary by experience
- Competitive salary
- Equity participation
- Generous vacation policy
- Full benefits package
- Casual office dress
Please send a resume, cover letter, and any other relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org@inxeption.com
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.